Let us help you start something new!

Let us help you start something new!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Re-defining Fast Food




Oh Epicure, how I love THEE..

Tonight's item on the "Try something new" was the square steamer and the italian seasoning.   I have both steamers now but sadly hadn't tried either of them.  That is - until tonight -  I am so SO impressed!!

So much so that you're getting a second posting today,  and I hardly *EVER* do that..   I just didn't want to wait til tomorrow to share.. 

We had decided on chicken so I pulled out the instruction cards to consult.  

The rectangular one showed instructions for 2 chicken breasts.  The square for 4.   Both said that chicken should be cooked for 6-8 minutes.   Potatoes for 8 minutes. 

I only needed to do 2 chicken breasts, but wanted potatoes as well.   We had some of the mini potatoes that I picked up a while ago.

I thought I'd put the 2 chicken breasts in with some of the potatoes, and a little Italian salad dressing and see what became of it.

The first 8 minutes seemed to go by in an instant.   I have to say that not only did the kitchen smell like the oven had been running for half an hour already,  but everything looked finished. 

A quick check however, showed that the chicken had only reached an internal temperature of 120 degrees and chicken should be around 180 degrees according to the poultry setting on the thermometer.   It looked cooked, but a quick flip over showed the bottom wasn't quite cooked (still pink).  So I figured I'd put it in for another 8 minutes and see where that got us..

Well..   end result was that the potatoes were tender, and the chicken is fabulous..    I'm as much a skeptic as anyone and I cannot believe that we were gifted a quality gourmet meal that would normally take 45 minutes in the oven to cook for just 16 minutes.  That just BLOWS ME AWAY!  

 I wish I'd thought to add a vegetable to the steamer but I didn't.  I quickly heated up a can of sweet corn to have with supper..  

Thank you Epicure, you have now redefined "Fast Food"  in my kitchen!! 

Sorry guys.. No pictures this time..   ;) 





Thank-you for choosing us to be 
 
YOUR demonstrator!

Tammy J. Wilson ~ J. James Edwards

Order online 24-7 Canada-Wide


Or Call: 613-655-1010

Social Media Links:

Facebook    Google+     Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment