Let us help you start something new!

Let us help you start something new!

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Leftovers: Love 'em or hate 'em - they're here to stay!

 

Looking at the fridge like this random internet photo used to make me cringe and want to run - I'm not gonna lie. We used to joke and call our fridge "Where good food goes to die" among other less printable names.
I remember reading an article way back when - I was in the hospital and bedridden for a long stretch - I did a LOT of reading. Boy did I have big plans for when I finally would get home!
As it turned out, almost a year later when I finally did get to go home, I was in no shape to make many of those big plans come true; most of those collections of notebooks were collecting dust but one thing that really had stuck was something that the writer had called CORN night. It was funny and it made light of a sometimes serious problem that we've all faced.
Since it's adoption we've had CORN soup, and CORN casserole, and even CORN all on its own. It lives among my favourite things to cook to this day. It pairs fabulously with my Epicure addiction and I could take the same items and change them up so many ways I started taking it as a personal challenge. I even started using some of the products that I hadn't tried, or didn't care for in new ways and found a few new favourites along the way!
What is this CORN you say? Why it's "Clean Out the Refridgerator Night" of course!

It was just hilarious enough to grab their attention but we found that with most of our family dinners there was at least 1 extra serving so we'd save CORN night for a busy night of the week, and everybody would get to re-heat something they'd enjoyed from the week. Other times we'd lay it all out buffet style and let everyone have a free-for-all. Either way, it cleaned up the leftovers and we would throw a lot more into our bellies than into the trash.

It was a win for my family and a win for me too! I hate having to throw out food that someone could have enjoyed, particularly when it was something everybody enjoyed not an old science experiment from the deep, dark scary. These days we don't always get enough wins so I'll take it!

Are you looking for some ways to spice up your dinners? Need some inspiration to wake up those taste buds and get you back into the kitchen? I can help!

Add your order to my September order already in progress and have your order shipped directly to you anywhere in Canada or the United States. If you're local to me and would like to pick it up or have it delivered, send me an e-mail and I'll get you taken care of!

Thanks for choosing me to be your Epicure Consultant!
Interested in getting the products you love at a discount? Ask me for more info!

Find me on Facebook!
Ask me about my VIP group for Customers and Epicure Fans (Sorry no demonstrators)







No comments:

Post a Comment