Let us help you start something new!

Let us help you start something new!

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Trying Something New: Asian Coat & Cook

Though it has been a crazy few weeks, I've been making progress on my promise to get back to creating in the kitchen.  

More importantly, my promise to get back to trying new recipes, as well as a variety of Epicure tools and offerings that we bought and have been sitting here waiting. You can get this in a package of 3 Asian Coat and Cook mixes for just $15, or you can get 1 in a sampler pack of 3 that also includes one Tex Mex and one Italian. 

It's not that I'm not using Epicure - don't misunderstand - but we've amassed so much that it's all too easy to go for the tried-and-trues and not grab something new to experiment.  

Earlier this week I decided I decided to try out the coat & cook mixes, as I hadn't done that yet.  In my defense however, I have been getting panko bread crumbs and adding our Lemon Dilly Dip, Italian Dressing or Pico Salsa, among other favourites to make our own blends.  So far the biggest surprise is how amazing a little bit of Salsa seasoning could change the whole dynamic of a meal.  

Have I mentioned lately how much I love spending time in the kitchen? 

I'd decided that trying these were long overdue .. but which one?   I finally decided on the Asian, since the Italian wouldn't be too far off what we normally whip up.  



I was a little bit worried that there wouldn't be enough in the package to coat the 3 pieces we were doing, but it did and there was plenty left over.  

I served it with some leftover mashed potatoes that I'd fried with a little bit of butter and added some Red Garlic Sansel, and a little bit of dried chives.   

The other two were cooked simply with Tuxedo Pepper this night, to make meal prep the next night much faster.  

There's some irony in having learned so many time (and energy) saving tricks for someone who'd be content working in the kitchen all day long but during the week those luxuries aren't always possible.  Living with chronic med issues as well, it's so nice to be able to make something extra today, that might end up being a simple lunch of leftovers later in the week, or for a night when you just don't feel like cooking.  

As for the Asian coated chicken - Wow!  

I was worried it might be a bit spicy, but it was mild.  I'll definitely use this one again! 

Sorry, I didn't think to tell my hubby that I wanted photos of it coming out of the oven, and I'd neglected to get a photo of them coated as I was in a bit of a rush to get them in.   Hubby offered to take a photo of the remaining one (designated for his lunch the next day) but I thought that taking a photo of just one seemed silly -- like maybe I'd burnt the other two.  (ha ha)

Have you tried something new in the kitchen this week?  I'd love to hear about it!  Leave me a comment below :)  

The Epicure Multipurpose Steamer
Speaking of trying new things.  Another item I tried out this week that I hadn't used before was our Multipurpose Steamer.  I have our two smaller ones, which I have used, but I hadn't tried this one out yet. 

One night last week I'd gotten hung up on a client call, and didn't get potatoes on for supper. I really didn't want to wait 45 minutes or more for them to boil, and was considering options until something clicked and I thought -- wait STEAMER!!  

In just a few minutes we had perfectly cooked potatoes that you'd think I had boiled (except they weren't mushy or wet).  I was able to mash them with my fork, and didn't have to put them in the chopper -- so that was a plus too! 

Have you checked out our steamers?  You can buy them individually, or in a package of all 3 together.  You can also buy the multi purpose try (that fits inside the multipurpose steamer) separately too.  The multipurpose steamer does come with one multipurpose tray already 





Shop 24/7 via www.tammywilson.myepicure.com or contact me to place your order! 



No comments:

Post a Comment