Let us help you start something new!

Let us help you start something new!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This Week's Challenge - What have you tried new this week? #EPICURE


Slowly but surely we've been working along our weekly challenge of trying something new every week in 2015, or at least preparing something "old" in a new way. 

Sometimes this takes the form of inventing some creative way to use up leftovers, which has often been successful, so much so that often my family will tell me that they like it better the reinvented way.  

One such favourite was my putting leftover macaroni and tomatoes in a casserole dish, and sprinkling grated cheese over the top.  It was so simple, but my daughter told me that I was no longer allowed to make it any other way!  I'd call that a win!  Though it was hardly a really creative endeavor on my part. 

This week's challenge items were two dips that piqued my interest in the catalog, but we hadn't tried them yet.  It seems that every family gathering I'd send the kids (now grown, btw)  to the shelf and no matter how many times I'd tell them to pick at least one they hadn't tried yet, they'd come back with Lemon Dilly Dip, Cheese Chives and Bacon, or 3 Onion Dip. 

We were gathered to celebrate our grand-daughter's 5th birthday and homemade pizza was on the menu, so I thought I'd make some dips and munchies to go along with it. 

I decided I'd jump in with both feet and pick 2 that we hadn't tried.  Roasted Red Pepper Dip Mix was the first choice..   Our Red pepper flakes have become an amazing stape and I've been wanting to try this one for a while. 

Roasted Red Pepper Dip Mix #1059 - $8.50 

 From the moment I opened the jar, time stood still.. the aroma was amazing! I had to walk it around the room so our assembled family could check it out too.  I have a family who loves to cook, so nobody laughed at me *too* hard.. :) 

My second pick was Creamy Ranch Dip Mix, which seems like a no-brainer, since it is James' go-to salad seasoning,  but I'd picked it up a whlie ago and I just hadn't gotten a chance to make it.  Well batter up baby! 
Creamy Ranch Dip Mix #1061  - $8.50
  Everybody loved both dips, and the jury was out for a vote on which they liked better.  For what it's worth, James favoured the Ranch, but I liked the Red Pepper more.

Have you tried something new this week? We'd love to hear about it! 
Customer Appreciation Days ~ Feel the Love in February ~ Place an order of $30 or more before February 25th, and you may win hostess perks for the whole party order! #WIN #FEEDMEEPICURE
Visit our website: www.tammywilson.myepicure.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment