Let us help you start something new!

Let us help you start something new!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year Challenge - Parsnips! #EPICURE #FEEDMEEPICURE


I've always been a big fan of cooking and baking, but like many of us, spent a number of years in a rut of making the same things all the time.  My hubby and I were introduced to Epicure and signed up for a kit with the big "joke" being that since we'd been plotting to do more cooking together, and changing things up that we were going to "Spice up" date night.. 

I made myself a new year's resolution of trying something new every week, or cooking something we normally eat in a different way.  I thought it would be a fun resolution that we'd enjoy keeping. 

This week I chose Parsnips as something I'd never cooked with before. 

I'd seen them in the grocery store a number of times but never even considered it.  A few cooking shows mentioned them over the holidays and I thought it was worth the nomination. 

I'd heard someone refer to Parsnips as Carrots with a kick, and thought I'd try putting them into a soup.  

My hubby often teases me because I don't usually write down my soup recipes, and no two soups turn out exactly the same.  For this one, I decided to take a chance and put pureed pumpkin into the pot as well ~ I'd taken it out to make bread and hadn't gotten around to it.  I joked that I was bucking for bonus points on my challenge this week.. 



It was a huge hit!  both P's will return to my soup pot again sometime.. :)

Still have most of a bag of parsnips though, so my challenge isn't over..  how do you normally cook Parsnips? 


No comments:

Post a Comment